Charlotte Water Heater Experts Weigh In
In our last article, we discussed three of the top six most common water heater problems, examining causes and solutions for those three problems. Today we explore the other three most common water heater problems and fixes.
Problem #4: Water Smells Like Rotten Eggs
- You’ve got bacteria growing in the tank of your water heater.
- The bacteria is being fed by the corrosion of your anode rod inside the water heater.
- Flush your water heater. Don’t know how? Learn how to flush a water heater here: it’s simple and will extend the life of your water heater.
- Treat the tank with two pints of peroxide for every 40 gallons of water (use 3% hydrogen peroxide).
- Replace the anode rod if it is corroded.
- Replace the meal tank with a plastic-lined tank if the tank itself appears to be showing signs of corrosion.
Problem #5: Odd Noises (Bubbling, Popping or Rumbling)
- Sediment has built up in your tank and the water at the bottom of the tank is overheating as a result.
- Flush your water heater (see above).
Problem #6: Base of Tank Water Heater is Leaking
- Problems with your temperature & pressure valve.
- Leaky nearby connection.
- Corrosion in the tank.
- Place a bucket under your overflow pipe, and then open and try to flush the temperature and pressure valve. If you discover that the valve itself is leaking, replace the valve.
- Lower the thermostat setting.
- Examine for corrosion by looking through the combustion chamber. The you see noticeable rusting, you need a new water heater.
Need a Charlotte Water Heater Fixed or Replaced?
Need a Charlotte 24-hour plumber to troubleshoot or fix your water heater? Call 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form to find out what’s wrong with your water heater and to discover possible solutions.