Matthews NC Plumber Advice for Leak Detection
A burst pipe can cause a huge amount of damage if not detected. Fortunately there are many indicators of a broken pipe. All you need to do is use your senses.
What you may see:
- Wet drywall – is almost a guarantee that you have a broken pipe in your home. Call a Charlotte leak detection expert immediately so that you don’t have more damage.
- Stained drywall – is also a near guarantee that a pipe has broken in your home.
- Puddles – especially under a sink or in your crawlspace indicate you have a leak or broken pipe.
- Your water meter dials are turning constantly or you have an exceptionally high water bill and you have not used extra water – you will want to call a plumber to check for a leak
- Sink hole – if you find a sink hole in your yard, your main water line may have burst and you will need to call a plumber immediately.
- Colored water – can indicate that a pipe is corroding and is ready to burst.
What you may smell:
- Unpleasant odor – a pipe may have burst, possibly from your toilet and can’t move the sewage to the main line.
What you may hear:
- Water bubbling – indicates there is air in the sewer line from the toilet and you may have a broken pipe
- Dripping – a dripping sound in your wall is a good indication that you have a leak. Try to follow the sound to see if you can find the source.
How items may function:
- Little or no water pressure – water is running out of the pipe and can’t get to the faucet
- Lots of clogs – again, there is not enough water pressure to push everything through the pipes
- Water takes a long time to heat up – another sign that there is a broken pipe.
Need a Matthews NC Plumber? Think You Might Have a Burst Pipe?
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, you should call a Charlotte leak detection expert immediately to prevent any or further damage.
We are a Matthews NC plumbing company, but we service a 30-mile radius of Charlotte. If you have questions about a Charlotte pipe burst or are concerned you have experienced symptoms of a possible pipe freeze or breakage, give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form. We’ll help you determine if you can fix it yourself or if you need a Charlotte area plumber to help you out.
We’re open 24/7, 365 days a year, and we have over 30 years of experience. We’ll help you figure out what the best solution is, quickly and efficiently.