Wondering How to Detect a Leaky Pipe?
Not sure if you’ve got a leak, but wondering if your water bill is higher than it should be?
Follow this leak detection checklist to determine if you’ve got a leak that needs to be fixed:
* Your water bill has spiked even though you are quite sure you haven’t been using more water than normal (try checking it against your water bill from past months, including from the previous year, to get perspective)
* You have noticed water bubbling up in your yard (sign that you have a broken pipe underground)
* You have noticed a soggy depression in your yard (sign you have a leaky pipe underground)
* You have noticed water stains in unusual places (ceiling, tiles, floor, wall) or have noticed mold growing (sign that you have a leaky pipe or fixture behind the flooring, dry wall or above the ceiling)
* You find water in unexpected places (such as around the tub, under the sink, in the garage, in the crawl space)
* You notice one part of your lawn is much greener than the rest of your yard or neighbors’ yards (sign you have a leak underground)
Got a leaky pipe in Charlotte?
In most cases, homeowners don’t find the actual leak themselves. Leaks often happen underground, even under slabs or concrete. Most of the time homeowners wonder for months why their water bill is getting higher and higher. What happens is this:
* A pipe bursts or gets a hairline crack in it.
* Nobody notices or does anything about it, so the pipe leaks water continuously.
* Tree roots, which are designed to search out water sources, grow into the hairline crack, forcing it open.
* The homeowner notices that they have a bigger spike in the water bill or a super green or soggy area in the lawn.
* The homeowner calls a Charlotte plumber for leak detection services, and the leak is finally fixed.
Saving Money Instead of Losing Money to a Leaky Pipe
That leaky pipe can cost you hundreds of dollars in spiked water bills.
If you suspect your water bill has spiked without reason, have the utility company come check the water meter (to make sure it’s not broken) and then call a plumber to come check for a leaky pipe.
Charlotte Leak Detection Experts
ER Plumbing Services uses advanced camera and smoke leak detection equipment to quickly determine if you have a leaky pipe. We carry all the equipment we need to fix leaky pipes (even underground, even under concrete slabs) on our trucks. We’ll fix the problem and save you money right away.
Need Charlotte Plumbing Services?
Are you interested in more information about leak detection?
Looking to call a Charlotte emergency plumber?
Need assistance or advice regarding slab leak detection?
E.R. Plumbing Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte leak detection here.
Charlotte Plumbing Services at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Looking for Charlotte plumbing services? Fort Mill plumbing services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.
Click here for more information on: