Charlotte Water Bill Spike?
If you’ve noticed a sudden spike in your water bills, or you’ve heard persistent dripping and can’t figure out where it’s coming from, you may have an undetected leak in your home. It may be your gut reaction to call a plumber (which is probably the right idea) but you could locate the leak on your own and assess the problem before you spend money.
Here are a few common places you might find some hidden leaks:
- Toilets – they can leak from several different points, outside and in. Use paper towels to locate the leak if you see water anywhere outside and drop some food coloring in the tank to see if the leak is inside. If the water in the bowl becomes colored after half an hour, that’s where the leak is.
- Pipes under cabinets and sinks – if you investigate and find mold, strange smells, dampness or damage, it’s likely that a pipe is leaking. Use a paper towel to find the origin.
- Tubs and showers – though the pipes aren’t exposed, if there’s leaking you’ll be able to see if there’s damage to the drywall on the floor below. You may also hear a dripping noise that you can’t identify.
- Behind and under appliances – most large appliances can be moved, and you should check them every now and then. Connectors, joints, washers should all be tight and intact.
- Faucets – drips and leaks shouldn’t be ignored; they can end up costing you big money and you might as well replace the shower head or faucet that is leaking.
Need a Charlotte Plumber?
Charlotte water bill spiked?
Unsure if you have a leak or how to find a leak?
Have questions about water leak detection?
Check your average Charlotte water bill against the bill in which you see a spike. Then check your water meter and look around your home for signs of a leak or running toilet.
E.R. Plumbing Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte leak detection here.
Charlotte Plumbers at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Need a Cornelius plumber? Looking for Charlotte leak detection services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.